In this beautiful microstate can be found numerous old structures which are located in a beautiful natural setting. By far the most impressive is the ensemble of the medieval City of San Marino with its mountaintop forts, narrow streets and medieval buildings, with a multitude of views on the surrounding landscape far below.
Man made landmarks
- Cesta (De La Fratta) - one of the Three Towers of San Marino, located on the highest peak in San Marino. Constructed in the 13th century over the remains of Roman fort. Museum of weapons inside.
- Guaita - one of the Three Towers of San Marino, the oldest one. This spectacular tower originally was built in the 11th century but in its current form - in the 15th century.
- Montale - one of the Three Towers of San Marino, built in the 14th century, used as a prison.
Other man made landmarks
- Basilica di San Marino - main church in the republic, built in Neo-Classical style in 1836.
- Palazzo Pubblico - historical town hall, built in Neo-Gothic style in 1884 - 1894. The ornate house has ornate interior.
- San Marino City - well preserved and picturesque historical town on the top of Mount Titano. This town has developed since the 13th century. The fortified town still has many old fortifications - towers, walls, gates. The town has numerous old buildings, the historical network of streets and squares has been preserved.
List of described attractions
|Basilica di San Marino||Churches|
Map of San Marino
Featured: Basilica di San Marino