The cultural and natural heritage of Surrey is very diverse. Especially rich is cultural heritage - this county has numerous valuable country houses, church buildings, monuments of industrial architecture. Beautiful are the parks of Surrey, mysterious and surprising - the artificial caves and passages.
- Crowhurst Yew - enormous yew tree, with trunk circumference 10.01 m. Tree has a hollow, which can be entered through a door.
- Druids Grove - unique stand of numerous (more than 24) enormous yew trees, with 4 - 7 m girth.
- Hambledon Yew - impressive yew with a girth 9.55 m, grows in a churchyard. Tree is in excellent condition.
- Tandridge Yew - magnificent yew tree with 11.09 m trunk circumference, grows in church garden.
Man made landmarks
Castles and palaces
- Albury Park House - interesting country house, built in the 15th century and rebuilt several times in later times. House has 65 chimneys, each of different design, as well as many other interesting details.
Bagshot Park - royal residence, originally built between 1631 and 1633. Current house was built in 1879 and has 200 rooms. Architecture of interiors has Indian influence.
- Clandon Park - fine Palladian style mansion, built or rebuilt in 1730 – 1733, designed by Venetian Giacomo Leoni. Beautiful interiors complete with the 18th century furniture. Especially impressive if the Marble Hall.
- Farnham Castle - large, beautiful medieval castle and country house complex in a good state of preservation. Current structure is built in the late 12th – 13th centuries as a motte and bailey castle, extended in the 17th century. Motte still is standing, resembling a large amphitheatre, next to it is mansion built from bricks.
- Guildford Castle - ruins of a very old castle, possibly built already by Saxons and rebuilt by Normans after 1066. Nowadays the main standing structure is massive keep, built in the 1330s. Already in the late 14th century most of the castle was abandoned, while the keep was used as a jail. It was abandoned in the 15th century.
- Loseley Park House - large manor house, built in 1562 - 1568 in the site of earlier building. Contains valuable interiors and art values.
- Sutton Place - one of the earliest examples of Renaissance style in architecture in England. Tudor style manor house, built in 1530.
- Albury Old St. Peter and St. Paul's Church - very old church, built in Saxon times in the 11th century. Contains art values of medieval times.
- Chaldon SS Peter and Paul Church - the 11th century church with valuable wall painting from around 1170, named "The Ladder of the Salvation of the Human Soul and the Road to Heaven".
- Compton St Nicholas Church - very old structure. It may be standing on remnants of Roman building. Church is built in Saxon times and contains very old Norman screen.
- Guildford Cathedral - recent church building, constructed in 1936 - 1961. The enormous structure unites local traditions and the 20th century architecture style and represents a high achievement of Art Deco architecture style.
- Pyrford St. Nicholas Church - well preserved example of Norman architecture, built around 1140. Contains original frescoes.
- Thursley St Michael & All Angels Church - old countryside church, built in the 11th century and modified in the 19th. Two windows still have the original oak frames.
- Hinemihi - Māori meeting house, transferred from the bank of Lake Taravera. This meeting house provided shelter during the eruption of Mount Taravera in 1886 – it was covered with ash, but people inside survived. Temple was transferred to Clandon Park in 1892.
- Shah Jahan Mosque - the first purpose-built mosque in Britain, constructed in indo-saracenic style in 1889.
Parks and gardens
- Claremont Landscape Garden - one of the earliest English landscape gardens, shaped in 1715 – 1727. At the time was was considered to be one of the noblest gardens in Europe.
- Loseley Park Garden - enormous walled garden, created in the early 20th century. Consists of a series of "rooms" with different themes.
- Valley Gardens - beautiful botanical garden with the (presumably) largest planting of rhododenrons in the world, covered with an endless cover of flowers each spring.
- Winkworth Arboretum - beautiful arboretum with large collections of azaleas, rhododendrons and hollies. One of prominent bluebell woodlands, covered with a carpet of flowers in spring.
Rock cut architecture
- Barons Cave below Reigate Castle - artificial cave of large size under Reigate Castle. The purpose and build time of this cave is not known but the oldest dated inscriptions in sandstone are from 1644.
- Dorking Caves - maze of artificial caves below Dorking. These tunnels joined many shops and were used for diverse activities, including illegal cock fighting, smuggling.
- Reigate Castle Tunnel - possibly the first road tunnel in Europe, built in 1823. Approximately 50 m long.
- Chatley Heath semaphore tower - one of the best preserved semaphore towers in England, built in the early 19th century. Brick building is five floors high, contains semaphore models and displays on history of communications.
- Elstead Old Bridge - old bridge over River Wey, built in the 14th century and still in use.
- Outwood Windmill - the oldest working windmill in Britain, built in 1665. Worked well into the 20th century, now not in working order but the machinery has been preserved.
Other man made landmarks
- Abbot's Hospital in Guildford - magnificent and ornate Jacobean building, built in the beginning of the 17th century.
- Collection of keyboard instruments in Hatchlands Park - collection of 37 historic keyboard instruments, many associated with famous composers - Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt and others.
- Founder's Building of Royal Holloway College - amazing, very ornate and enormous building, constructed in 1874 - 1881. Contains a collection of Victorian paintings.
- Guildford House in 155 High Street - a town house, built in 1660. Contains ornate original details - carved staircase, decorative plastered ceilings. Now used as museum and art gallery.
- Holloway Sanatorium - beautiful, enormous Victorian building, built in 1873 - 1885 as a mental hospital.
- Watts Mortuary Chapel - exquisite chapel and mortuary, built in Arts and Crafts style in 1896 - 1898. In the construction of this beautiful structure were involved all villagers.
- Waynflete's Tower in Esher Place - interesting gatehouse, built in the late 15th century and modified in the 18th century. Unusual decorative brickwork architecture.