This small island country consists of several small islands. Each of the main islands (Antigua, Barbuda and Redonda) differs from others a lot and each offers interesting landmarks.
- Darby's Cave - Barbuda. Approximately 106 m wide and 21 m deep sinkhole with lush forest in it. Below some overhangs have formed large stalagmites.
- Dark Cave - Barbuda. 120 m long cave with freshwater pools. Contains very rare species of crustaceans.
- Devil's Bridge - Saint Philip. Natural bridge at the sea. Several blowholes are located nearby.
- Great Bird Island - Saint Peter. This 81,000 m² large island is the only place where Antiguan Racer (Alsophis antiguae) - a harmless snake lives.
- Redonda - Redonda. Small island surrounded by nearly vertical cliffs. The only place where lizards - Redonda Anole (Anolis nubilis), skink (Copeoglossum redondae) and Redonda Ground Lizard (Ameiva atrata) - live.
Man made landmarks
- Barbuda's Martello Tower - Barbuda. Fortification and lookout, built around 1745.
- Betty's Hope - Saint Philip. Historical sugar plantation, established in 1650. Now contains historical windmills and ruins of some more buildings.
- Fort James - Saint John. Historical fort, built by English in 1706. Fine views on Saint John city below the fort.
- Government House - Saint John. Ornate building, constructed in the second half of the 18th century.
- Indian Cave - Barbuda. Artificial, prehistoric caves, one contains two small petroglyphs.
- Museum of Antigua and Barbuda - Saint John. National museum, housed in the colonial Court House which was built in 1747. The oldest building in Saint John.
- Nelson's Dockyard - Saint Paul. Historical dockyard, still operating. Complex of buildings constructed in the late 17th - 18th centuries. Horatio Nelson served here in 1784 - 1787.
- St. John's Cathedral - Saint John. Impressive Anglican church with two towers. Church is built here three times, current one in 1845 in Neo-Baroque style.
List of described attractions by parishes and dependencies
Antigua and Barbuda is divided into 6 parishes and two dependencies:
Map of Antigua and Barbuda
Discover Caribbean Islands