Most interesting wonders of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- L’île aux Marins – Saint Pierre, Ile aux Marins. Ghost town, settled in 1604 and abandoned in 1965.
- Musee de l’Arche – Saint Pierre. State museum of the history of Saint Pierre and Miquelon.
- Notre-Dame-des-Ardilliers church – Miquelon-Langlade. Wooden chapel, built in 1862 – 1865.
- Notre-Dame-des-Marins Chapel – Saint-Pierre, Ile aux Marins. Simple rural chapel, built in 1874.
- Saint-Pierre Cathedral – Saint-Pierre. A simple church building, constructed in 1905 – 1907. First church was built here in 1816, current church is the third one.
Described wonders of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Pierre and Miquelon is an overseas collectivity of France, a tiny remnant of Nouvelle-France – once enormous French colonial empire in Northern America.
These small islands have picturesque Nordic landscape and since several centuries are inhabited by people of European descent. Warfare and diverse accidents have eliminated the more ancient buildings and now the island does not have that much heritage values left.
A collective area of France in the northwest Atlantic Ocean near Newfoundland.